Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Progress Bars

It only took me three months, but I've finally gotten around to adding those nifty little progress widgets to my sidebar. I added one for the overall progress as well. Now you can keep up with how badly I fail at my 12 month goal in real time.

Neato.

Today's Song of the Day is from one of my favorite movies - Empire Records.

It's Sugarhigh by Coyote Shivers.

While I'm sure Coyote would rather we love the original version of Sugarhigh, there's just something sexy about Renee Zellweger's scratchy vocals from the actual movie.

Unfortunately, there is no studio version of the track, so this had to be ripped directly from the DVD - in other words, don't expect fantastic quality - just an awesome version of an awesome song.

I've oftened fantasized about a Renee Zellweger & Joey Lauren Adams threesome - but would that be sexy, scratchy voice overload? I guess I'll only know once I try it.

Enjoy.

6 comments:

Christian H. said...

Hey, I've been meaning o ask where you get those progress bars. Where do you get those progress bars.

Also we have something in common. I just started back at this in February. I still have my job but I'm hoping to get repped by the end of the year.

I've got some feelers out there and the few reads I have gotten were pretty positive with the second read being described as "much-improved."

Onward and upward.

Christina said...

Point of clarification, if I may. What is to happen in 12 months? I know, professional screenwriter.

But what would you consider professional? Like if somebody paid you a couple thou? Or if you got a job writing for a show? Or if you got paid enough to support yourself for yet another 12 months? Just curious.

And what will happen to your blog because you better not say you're hanging this up in 12 months, regardless of your situation. You've fast become a fav.

IQCrash said...

Christian -

You can get the code for the progress bars at:

http://www.davidanaxagoras.com/2005/04/16/track-your-progress-or-lack-thereof/

Did you snail mail or email your queries? Any reads from the big 5 or larger prodcos?

My Favorite Shaver -

I think any sort of income that would allow me to live comfortably for a minimum of 3 months would qualify. Whether it's through an option, assignment, or several projects - you get the idea.

Basically, as long as I don't need to go back to my day job, I'm happy.

Haven't decided what happens to the blog - I'm guessing the title will change to 13 Months, then 14, then 15... ;)

IQCrash said...

Link didn't work right.

Here.

Christian H. said...

Thanks for the link. I'm in deep creation mode right now and should have a few treatments and scripts ready by August.

I did send in a request for sending a query to a larger prodco, but they can take a while to hear back.

I'm trying to be as confident as possible. I can't really say names about the reads but "he" is rather well-known, with a deal.

Christina said...

Whatever happens...can you do it in 9????...I'm rooting you on!!!