Sunday, June 3, 2007

Hardest Working Man In Show Business

I know I promised I'd blog some this weekend - but, wow, was it nice to just lounge around and do absolutely nothing for a couple days. I'm a big fan of doing nothing.

Well, technically I did do some work.

For example, I spent most of today compiling the names and contact information for the first batch of Literary Agents we'll be hitting up with query letters come tomorrow. This was a pretty exhausting task - mostly because I wasn't quite willing to dish out the $200+ dollars for the Hollywood Creative Directory just yet.

I'm sure I'll eventually have to bite the bullet and subscribe to it, but for now, I'll stick to the poor man's route. I'll let you know guys know if and when we get some bites from the query letters - we'll be sending out a batch a week. Exciting and scary all at the same time.

Time for me to go watch some Sopranos and Entourage. Tune in tomorrow - who knows, I might have a story involving boobs for you.

3 comments:

Christian H. said...

Hey Crash,
I found that the library has the HCD and HRD. Also, I got a lot of good contacts from DoneDealPro if you haven't been there yet.

It will be another month before my queries start going out. I need to have at least two finished before then and at least some mapped out.

But lots of luck with your spec. And don't take no for an answer.

Christina said...

Hey! Keep us posted on how the letters turn out. I'm sure you will. Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

I just picked up the latest HCD off ebay for $45, so if there is someone you need me to look up send me email