Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Television Roundup

I love me some TV.

So I thought I would do a quick roundup of some of the shows I'm currently watching.

Entourage: The mother of all shows. It really is my favorite. Ari Gold has got to be the best character ever created - kudos to Jeremy Piven for bringing him to life. I love that I don't need to turn on my brain to watch it, and that these cats act just like I do with my friends. VICTORY!

House MD: Gregory House. How I love thee - let me count the ways. House is me, but with a bum leg. He has some of the best one-liners on television. "Maybe Ashton Kutcher did it." I really hope he hooks up with Cuddy soon - that shit has been a long time coming.

Kyle XY: It's true, I also love me some Kyle XY. Just something about that kids adorable dimples that gets me every time. Yes, Kyle - this is how you pee. And that confused look on his face - "So this is how you pee." Exactly, Kyle. This is how we pee.

Greek: A newcomer to the Tivo Season Pass. And it's awesome. Spitter is such a great nickname. And the guy who plays Cappie is just fantastic in the role. Being a new show that I'm not having to catch up on, unfortunately means that I have to wait an entire week between episodes.

The Riches: Eddie Izzard. They really didn't need to say any more to get me to watch the show. But they did a really good job of keeping me watching it. It does lull occasionally, but I loved the season finale and am quite disappointed I have to wait forever for season two to start.

Heroes: Everyone knows it, everyone loves it. The Zero to Hero concept done literally. I love this show so much - it appeals to my inner (and outer) geek like none other. I want to be Peter Patrelli. I want to kick some Sylar ass. Season two can't start soon enough.

There's more on the list, but I think that's quite enough for one day.

What are you watching?

11 comments:

Alan said...

Yeah, I'd agree with most of your list (especially, House and Heroes). But I'd have to add some older ones that I still make an effort to catch whenever they're on.

Emily Blake said...

Haha. You like a show on ABC Family. That makes you gay.

They shot an episode of Greek at a house on my street. They shoot a lot of shows at that house. It's a nice house.

Dante Kleinberg said...

The only show on your list I watch is Heroes. I guess I don't watch a lot of TV. I'm curious about Entourage but don't have premium channels and haven't gotten around to renting the DVD yet.

My favorite shows: Battlestar Gallactica, 30 Rock, The Venture Bros., The Office, Lost, Scrubs, Heroes

But right now? Not watching much of anything. The Daily Show, Psych, Mythbusters. That's about it.

Jim Endecott said...

Three shows on my Tivo...

The Unit; A big fan of Dennis Haysbert. He kicks ass and then sells them all insurance.

Eureka; X-Files meets Mayberry.

Entourage; I started watching middle of last season when Sopranos took a break. I dig this show a ton.

You ever have one of those moments when you’re watching a show and someone walks in the room that's not familiar with the premise and the scene they see is really extreme?

The week prior I was visiting my parents and my dad walks in on Entourage as Ari is screaming gay obscenities at Lloyd for not coming to work. I weakly explained that it was a show about Hollywood which he seemed to accept.

Then this week my wife is lying in bed reading the new Potter and she looks up just in time to see Drama nailin the Craig’s list chick in the furry suits as I am laughing my ass off.

-Jim

annabel said...

I don't watch much TV and what I do watch isn't very consistant (such is life with four children).

My favorite shows are The Closer and My Name Is Earl. I catch House now and then with my daughter who rarely misses an episode.

Christian H. said...

Wait, there are channels OTHER than HBO and Cinemax? No wonder I've seen none of those shows.

I guess I can give Entourage a thumbs up.
I watch John From Cincinnati on HBO. It's a really quirky show but the people all speak intelligently, even more so than Deadwood.

Let's see, Big Love can get a watch.

Other than those only Real Time with Bill Maher.

Though I do watch movies like crazy.

Josh said...

What Emily said.

No, I kid. I'm actually kind of interested in Greek because my writing partner and I recently completed the pilot for a college show which, unavoidably, shares a few similarities with Greek. Sigh.

As for shows we Tivo and/or watch regularly:

Dexter, Lost, Ugly Betty, Heroes, Battlestar, Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Scrubs, The Office, Entourage, Weeds ... and we've so far enjoyed what we've seen of Burn Notice, Damages and Mad Men.

There's only one or two shows that I really love, though, so here's hoping this fall makes that number go up.

Christina said...

My TV watching includes a little of everything, and far too often a lot of Wow! Wow! Wubbzy. (Just so we're clear here, no Emily, this does not make me a pedophile.)

I've read some really stellar reviews of The Wire. That's it's hands down the absolute best television show ever made. Jonathan's addicted to it, but I can't stand the violence to watch long enough to get hooked. Sounds like I'll need to build up a tolerance.

Anonymous said...

Never seen Entourage, but want to after seeing a Youtube clip of Ari's best lines back-to-back for about two minutes. Funny as hell. I want to start at the beginning, but BB only has season 2 on up.

The Office is the only show I actually take the time to watch "live." Used to watch Lost, but I got tired of JJ fucking with my head about two episodes in, and quit. I'll wait for the DVD where I can have all the answers quickly.

Emily, are all the gay people you know funny? Or do you just mean Crash is "happy?" Or "gay" like "retarded?" Or do you have a problem with "those people?"

(just playing)

Anonymous said...

i'm still waiting for the final season of the shield to begin. imo one of the most refreshing cop dramas ever made.

Anonymous said...

Ari rocks "why would I have a black cock in my trunk?"