Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Pitfalls of Boredom

I don't know if I've mentioned this before or not, but I have ADD pretty bad.

Like really bad.

And thanks to my history with amphetamines, I can't really risk taking my medicine for it anymore.

If I happen to get into "the zone" then I'm golden. Nothing can stop me, and I can crank through pages and pages of writing without breaking a sweat.

Unfortunately, these "zones" don't come very often.

What this basically means is that I go through various stages of absolute boredom throughout any given day.

When it's mild, I can just turn on some music and keep writing.

When it's bad, I can watch a movie or turn on the music really loud and read a script.

But when it's abysmal, I get sucked into doing god knows what.

Sometimes I find myself lost on Wikipedia for hours and hours. Other days I lose myself in YouTube. If I'm lucky, I use my distraction for something positive.

Like making a video.

One day I got bored and made a House video. Another time, I made a Taxi Driver video.

This morning, I made this:



And I'm pretty sure it means I'm a racist.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's only wok n roll, but I like it

Anonymous said...

I'm reporting you to PETA.

Anonymous said...

IQ Crust,

I don't think you're racist.

And you're not bored.

You're boring.

Next!

Boredom: a luxury of the rich, the unemployed and/or the unimaginative.

Snap out of it!

Stercus Accidit

IQCrash said...

Stercus,

Call me boring again, and I'll go all hate-crime on your ass.

Punk.

- The Extremely Talented, Far More Talented Than Stercus, IQCrash