Friday, March 2, 2007

Struggling

I feel like a woman I'm flip-flopping so much on this whole "writing thing." I had cranked out the first ten pages of my Entourage script and felt like I was on top of the world. It went so smoothly and effortlessly, and people actually liked it - a lot. Well the other twenty pages would surely be as easy, right?

Wrong.

I'm officially learning the hard way why it's important to have things like a plot outlines and B storylines.

So for now I have a ten minute Entourage Short. I'm pretty sure nobody would be interested in seeing that, even if as just a writingle sample.

Maybe I can bold some of my favorite parts and say, "LOOK, I'M CLEVER!" Think it'll work? Yeah, me neither.

That's where I am today. Staring at my Final Draft screen and wondering what the fuck Ari, Vince, Eric, Turtle, and Drama are going to do now. I've gotten some great help from my friend Rick, but sadly, he can't just write it for me.

Is it possible to be a ghost-written writer? I'll need to look into that.

Anyway:
  • Made my post for the day.
  • Updated you on where I am with the writing.
  • Used profanity.
Oh, I've also been considering posting a personal story here. So maybe look out for that some time tonight or tomorrow.

No comments: