Friday, August 10, 2007

The Great Bambino

The Sultan of Swat.
The King of Crash.
The Colossus of Clout.
The Great Bambino.

Also known as Babe Ruth - the man who called out his home run to center field.

"What do you think of the nerve of that big monkey. Imagine the guy calling his shot and getting away with it." - Lou Gehrig

No, this blog isn't really about Babe Ruth - but there's a reason I bring him up.

We're almost done with the first draft of our latest feature spec, and I'm feeling pretty damn good about it. Really good. I think this may be the one, ladies and gentlemen.

A high concept comedy with all the makings of my first spec sale.

Never the one to shy away from putting my foot in my mouth - I'm going to go ahead and call it out now. This spec is going to be my ticket into an illustrious screenwriting career.

Other than that, I really don't have much to say, unfortunately. I'm knee-deep in this first draft, which should be done by this weekend.

I'm excited.

This is the one.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

if it makes you rock hard re-reading it, it's time... time for what you ask? Shit man, that's up to you... good job

Jim Endecott said...

Nice work and good luck.

-Jim

Christian H. said...

I know the feeling. I am working hard on my first comedy. It's a fantasy comedy and it has gotten some movement - no pun intended.

Truthfully though I really hate pushing comedies. I'm a dramatic poet at heart, but you gotta pay the bills.

Comedies do pay the bills. This one is crazy. I mean psychotic.

Good luck with it. If you need feedback, I'd love to give it a read.

Not that my opinion is worth shit to anyone but me.....

Christina said...

Go you! And I want tickets for the premier. And I'm dead serious about that.

Anonymous said...

You're probably wrong.

But you're doing exactly what you need to do.

Keep writing.

Christina said...

You don't have to be wrong. Talked with my "guy" at the studio. I can give you the scoop -- it will definitely AT LEAST be read. In which case my previous entry still stands.

Anonymous said...

IQ Coil,

It's like falling in love and finding THE ONE...

each time you do it.

Ha!

Stercus Accidit