Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Screenwriting Group


The last time we talked, I mentioned setting up an invite-only online screenwriting group.

I'm happy to report that things have gone off without a hitch.

All but one person accepted the invitation to join the group - and we just had our first meeting this past Sunday.

We're starting as a small group, only ten people - so that we have a solid foundation to build upon. There were a few others I wanted to invite, and several people emailed me to join - but I think starting small is the way to go for something like this. Any bigger and we'd be risking a chaotic start.

The group is really, really solid - and everyone involved is quite talented and a go-getter.

We'll be reviewing scripts every other week, and on alternate weeks I'm going to be asking special guests to join us (readers, pros, and so on), so we'll see how that goes.

I really think it's going to be a fun and fruitful experience for everyone involved.

Anyway, that's about it - tonight was the season premier of Heroes, How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men, not to mention episodes of Californication and Weeds - so I have a lot of Tivo to watch.

3 comments:

Christina said...

Have you seen Kid Nation???!!! We had it on Tivo and were going to watch it for 10 minutes until something dopey like Sports Talk with Bryan Bumble or something like that came on. And JONATHAN couldn't bring himself to go to live TV. Please add that to your list of programs to watch. I think it's Wednesdays.

ASA said...

Nice going, IQ & Crew -- and best wishes as you collectively kick some screenwriting ass.

Anonymous said...

I guess now you're a regular Craig Mazin. Much props.